Although it is inevitable that errors will occur in patient care, a recent article in New England Journal of Medicine showed that there has been no significant change in the number of patients harmed in our hospitals (“Temporal Trends in Rates of Patient Harm Resulting from Medical Care”, NEJM 2010;363:2124-34). Landrigan and colleagues studied the […]Continue Reading →
- Multiple Articles in Today’s Boston Globe and Wall Street Journal Focus on Patient “Empowerment” and Engagement
- Cutting Health Care Costs for Employers and Employees – How Should Hospitals and Caregivers Respond?
- The Gauntlet Is Thrown Down For Health Care Cost Control In Massachusetts
- “Accountable Care Organizations” May Change How We Care for Patients
- No Significant Change in the Number of Patients Harmed