The goal is to facilitate the interactions between a doctor and patient using the following outline during the visit:
Discuss the potential causes of an individual’s presenting symptoms
List and justify the tests and treatments needed and how they will change management
Define “red flags” that should trigger an urgent evaluation
List timelines and how follow-up will occur
Address the patient’s thoughts and concerns
Download the template used in this pilot study and start using now whether you are a patient or doctor. We welcome feedback in the forums (coming soon).
- Multiple Articles in Today’s Boston Globe and Wall Street Journal Focus on Patient “Empowerment” and Engagement
- Cutting Health Care Costs for Employers and Employees – How Should Hospitals and Caregivers Respond?
- The Gauntlet Is Thrown Down For Health Care Cost Control In Massachusetts
- “Accountable Care Organizations” May Change How We Care for Patients
- No Significant Change in the Number of Patients Harmed