Pilot Study & Download TRUST Tool
In a pilot study at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, the impact on patient satisfaction was tested using the Passport to TRUST template. The goal is to facilitate the interactions between a doctor and patient using the following outline during the visit:
Discuss the potential causes of an individual’s presenting symptoms
List and justify the tests and treatments needed and how they will change management
Define “red flags” that should trigger an urgent evaluation
List timelines and how follow-up will occur
Address the patient’s thoughts and concerns
96% of patients were satisfied with their physician using the TRUST encounter versus 38% satisfaction with their prior doctor visit
97% of the patients found the written summary of the plan to address their concerns very helpful
69% of the patients shared this written summary with family and/or friends
Download the template used in this pilot study and start using now whether you are a patient or doctor. We welcome feedback in the forums.
- Multiple Articles in Today’s Boston Globe and Wall Street Journal Focus on Patient “Empowerment” and Engagement
- Cutting Health Care Costs for Employers and Employees – How Should Hospitals and Caregivers Respond?
- The Gauntlet Is Thrown Down For Health Care Cost Control In Massachusetts
- “Accountable Care Organizations” May Change How We Care for Patients
- No Significant Change in the Number of Patients Harmed